Nominate Your Community Champion Now!
By SJBee | Sunday, February 05, 2012, 15:20
Nominations are now being requested for this year's Broxtowe Borough Partnership Community Champion Awards. These are the awards that really count and local people are invited to celebrate the achievements of real-life community champions who help make your community a great place to live.
So if you know someone who has carried out good works, battled adversity or worked selflessly to make your community a better, safer and more pleasant to live in nominate them now!
There are seven categories to choose from:
- The Safe Borough - For those who work to reduce crime and make our borough a safer place to live.
- A growing Borough - For those who have helped businesses improve.
- A Healthy Borough - For those who have helped put better health services or facilities into your community or help the people lead a healthier lifestyle.
- A Clean and Green Borough - For those who have worked to make the borough cleaner, greener or helped people to become more environmentally friendly.
- Children and Young People - For a child or young person up to the age of 18 years who has made improvements to your community or the people living there.
- A Happy Borough - For those who have helped to make your community a better place to live and help everyone get on and work together.
- Good Neighbour Award - For an individual who has helped people in your community to live more comfortable or safely in their homes.
The 2012 Broxtowe Borough Partnership Community Champion Awards aim to find remarkable and inspirational real-life heroes who have volunteered or carried out work in your community in their own time to improve the area.
If you would like to nominate someone you think deserves a Community Champion award please call Broxtowe Borough Council on 0115 9173395 or download an application form at www.broxtowepartnership.org.uk
Nominations are open for individual Broxtowe residents and groups who provide services withing the borough. The deadline for entries is Wednesday 29th February 2012. The winners will be announced at a special awards evening later in the year.